Sprout,
My hope is that when you're an adult, I will not meddle too much in your life. I will love you, support you, hug you, listen to you, and have fun with you. I hope I do not stifle you though. With that said, I am going to offer you one piece of unsolicited advice now: Do not have two babies in two years and then try to move the year after that. It will kick your butt ~ at least it did mine.
Your fifteenth month has been one of busyness and hard work. Daddy and I worked diligently to move our household without compromising our jobs or your routine. While ultimately a success, it has not been the most beautiful process. We continue to live out of boxes at our new home. We have random furniture everywhere. There really is no order. At the same time, however, we're spending time getting to know our new neighbors, saying goodbye to our old ones, and loving our time outside in the sun on our new farm.
Unfortunately, you've had a cold over the past few weeks. With that, you're not feeling stellar. You're more clingy, have more tantrums, and are generally unhappy. The good news is that when you feel good, you feel really good. You're having so much fun playing with your brother and sharing a room with him for the first time. You two egg each other on and make each other laugh uncontrollably. You drive around in your police car while yelling at the neighbors in an effort to say hello. You announce every passing train and plane and wave hello to the parachuters whom regularly jump near our home. You scream 'Ballew' at every hot air balloon you discover, too. On the way to school each day, your brother and you embody a chorus of animal noises as you greet all of the farm animals we pass. If you do not see them, you become worried.
You continue to grow rapidly and are almost as big as your big brother, it seems. You eat everything in sight and tend to get mad when we tell you it is time to stop eating. You're especially fond of fruit and are the BEST water drinker I know (even better than Aunt K!). While your brother still permits you very few opportunities to develop your linguistic skills, your vocabulary is expanding. You name me, Daddy, PP, K, and many animals. You like the word 'eat' probably the best and understand virtually everything we say. You have a smile that lights up the room. Likewise, your temper could shut down a stadium, if needed. You love to sing and seem to prefer 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' these days. You take comfort in pleasure in almost any song though, too. You have grown fond of the book 'Ten Little Fish' and also enjoy reading picture books on your own now, too. Outside you love to play with rocks -- just placing them in and out of the dump truck. You think your water table is fun, too. The other day I gave you a packet of cotton balls and some tongs and you were entertained for almost an hour. It is so awesome to witness your creativity and curiosity. I hope you retain both throughout your life.
This month has been another opportunity to see you develop and explore the world. Daddy and I love witnessing you become your own little individual. You're so awesome and we love you so much. We're so thankful you joined our little family and our proud to be your parents.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment