Sprout,
Today you are fourteen months old. You're officially a walker these days -- although you still prefer to crawl. I think this is because that mode of transportation allows you to get into things a bit more quickly. You are into everything!
Unfortunately, you have been ill for weeks. We can't figure out what is wrong. We've run the tests and nothing comes up. Daddy and I want so badly for you to just feel well again. In addition to having some sort of tummy bug, you're also getting four molars all at once. This set of circumstances has left you a bit needy, a whole lot of crabby, and just generally miserable. You're sleep habits are less-than-desirable right now, too.
These days you like to spend most of your time eating, following your brother around, looking for our kitty, or playing. You're especially fond of the toy kitchen in which you and your brother make divine meals. You also like to play with water outside whenever you can. If not playing, you like to be read to in very short stints. You'd actually much prefer that someone sing to you though. This month's favorite song appears to be 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'. You adore going for stroller rides, love to push your walker around the house, and have a major affinity for hats. You are a little fashionista.
We closed on our new house last Friday and will begin the move later this week. Daddy and I are excited for this change albeit a little apprehensive about the logistics. I'm confident it will all work out though -- there really is no other choice!
While we have a lot of chaos happening right now, there is still a lot of room for adventure in our daily lives. This past weekend, for example, Aunt K came to play with you and your brother while Daddy and I went on a well-deserved and much needed date. Then, you, Daddy, your brother and PP went to the cabin overnight so that I could write and attend graduation. I'm told that while you slept poorly on your trip, you still had fun. You guys went to two different parks, and rode the train two times, too! Exciting!
The next few weeks are likely to be big ones as we start our new move. While I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all, my hope is that it will be the beginning of a beautiful chapter in our family's life. Thank you, my little Sprout, for inspiring us to seek new adventures, cultivate calm, and to have fun. We're so lucky to have you in our lives.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment