Friday, August 28, 2009

#12

Things I clearly did NOT do today:

1. Wake J up at about 6 despite being away from home with the intention of relaxing -- because ya know, it was pretty outside and I'm awake! I'm awake!

2. Tell the lady at the front desk ACTUALLY I did have a minor problem with our stay. Thank you very much. I would be happy to accept that freakin' awesome discount in an effort to ease my troubles.

3. Wish for another set of circumstances that would allow me to have more frequent experiences such as the one I've had for the past few days.

4. Buy a bracelet I do not need and may not wear very often because "it is pretty".

5. Thank the barista for correcting my pronunciation of the word 'caramel'.

6. Envy others.

7. Re-consider the restitution check I received in the mail today and wonder if it really makes a difference/teaches a lesson to the perpetrator.

8. Freak the f**** out when I opened our cell phone bill. Further, I did not point out to J that I don't do phones thus the ginormous increase is not so much my doing.

9. Have a similar reaction to our cable bill (which, clearly, I just do not typically read well enough).

10. Offer to foot the bill for tuition if needed.

11. Regret quitting my job because, oh my goodness, can we do this and have a good quality of life? (Of course, I realize the answer is 'yes', but I still freak out).

12. Start panicking as we got closer to our home, as this means that the stuff I've been putting off until 'after the getaway' now officially needs to be addressed.

13. Almost do a dance when my blackberry re-gained reception.

14. Start looking for jobs (again).

15. Start playing on the Internet in an effort to procrastinate in response to #12.

No comments: