My mother-in-law’s battle with ALS is finally complete. It was a rough road not only for her, but also for those around her. At the end, she passed away as she wanted: peacefully and with family. In fact, J held her hand as she took her final breathes and her heart stopped. In many respects, we are thankful her illness is over. She lost a majority of her functions, but never reached the point where she was incapacitated. She maintained her dignity throughout the process and did things her way.
At some point, I may reflect on the process in more detail, but for today I am just thankful. I am thankful that she did things her way.
2 comments:
I am sorry for your loss and thankful with you for the peace you have in the way in which she passed.
~C, A's sister - we met once back in Feb. 2006, I check in every now and again because I know how much A cares for you.
Thanks, C. I appreciate it. I remember you well and peek in on you occasionally too. Congrats on your impending arrival! :)
Post a Comment