Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wilma


One of my girlfriends and I do not get to talk nearly as often as I'd like. There are a myriad of factors that contribute to this situation. A little of it has to do with time, a little of it has to do with the fact that we are both lame. With that said, I think of her often. Once upon a time, I might have classified her as one of my best friends. Actually, I still do. Despite our rare contact with one another, she remains influential in my life. I respect her thoughts and look forward to our conversations. She is, as silly as it sounds, a ray of sunshine in my life.

With the passage of time, we have each changed. I think we are both searching for similar things and experiencing comparable inter-conflicts. For whatever reason, this friend can get me to say things I might otherwise keep to myself. She is able to bring forth ideas from my lips that I am sometimes afraid to confront. I think her presence in my life is good for my soul. It probably helps me work out my thought processes a bit too.

I had the pleasure of speaking with my friend the other day. We were both in odd moods. She told me a story about an recent interaction she had with a guy she knows. The story, in many ways, is inspiring. She finally leaped into life. She finally pursued a relationship she has been interested in for awhile. I think she is a bit shocked by her actions.

T tells me, "Leap and you will land". I think he means that the only way to enjoy life is to live it. It seems that life works itself out. I hope that my friend realizes this. Maybe her relationship will work out. Maybe it won't. The whole point is that she is giving it a chance. I am proud of her. I am proud of her bravery. I am thankful that she shared her story with me.

I hope that she knows that I am around if she needs to talk.

I hope that she knows I am thankful to be a part of her life.

No comments: