Sometimes people say odd things. Heavens knows I am one of them. Sometimes I catch those odd things and sometimes I miss them. I've noticed a few in the past couple of weeks:
1. "You are the oldest 27-year old I know" -- My girl A in light of my relative paranoia while in Venice Beach. Her comment is justified enough.
2. "Oh my God! Where did you get that bra? I need it. Nevermind, I don't have a chest big enough for it" -- The medical assistant at my doctor's office. Um...hi. I don't get undressed in front of many people - could you make this a bit more uncomfortable for me? Yeah...and if you think my chest is adequate...well, you poor honey...that is pathetic.
3. "You have got to know you have a beautiful smile" -- The nice guy that pulled over to comment after I jaywalked in front of him in the middle of traffic (my bad). Thank you for the kind words. Thanks for not getting mad at me. I am not sure the guy behind you shares that sentiment nor does the guy behind him.
4. "Hey Mama. How are you doin' today?" -- A young man who I can assume was somewhere between the ages of 12-14. I walked past him on the street. I felt the urge today say. "Listen young man...I am NOT old enough to be your mother and do not try to hit on girls on the street. It is tacky. Please continue puberty and leave me alone!".
5. "I thought you married [him] and you two moved away. I didn't think you'd give us the time of day again. Are you two moving back to the area and coming back here?" -- A very confused former client of mine. I didn't even try to reply. I cannot explain me let alone [him].
6. "You know, I am a great boss. If you came back here, it would be wonderful" -My former boss at a company shindiggy thing. Um...hi. You are the reason I left my job in which you were my supervisor. You were not helpful. You gave me your work. You threw me under the bus consistently. I was burned out primarily due to your presence in my life. I am doing alright now. How about you quit and then I'll consider your offer?
7. "What you need to do if just figure out the best path regarding how to get from Point A to Point B" - one of my best friends in all of her wisdom now that she has her ultra-fancy graduate degree. As I pointed out to her at the time, I do not know where in the hell Point B is and therefore I have no idea how to forge a path. If I knew or felt the freedom to know, things would be a hell of a lot easier.
Odd comments make me smile... :)
P.S. B you are on my list!!
1 comment:
List of people's behinds you wanna kick?
Post a Comment