I am not social. I am afraid of people. I know it does not make sense, but it is true. To be social is very difficult for me.I am not sure when or why this happened, but it is annoying. I try to push myself beyond my comfort-zone. I make myself attend more things. Last week, for example, I went to a wedding. Tomorrow, I will attend a small birthday party. Each day, I teach- at which time I must stand in front of many people. Each situation is different and each challenges me. Overall, I think I am getting a little bit better with this whole situation. I still have a long way to go.
With my whole interacting-with-people deficiency, I often ditch social events. Lately, however, I will not allow myself to do the same. If I get back into the habit of isolating, I will become a hermit. It is just lame.
Last night, I did not ditch. Instead, I went to dinner with these guys. I am glad I went, as they were only in town for one night. I had a blast. We chatted and were merry for several hours. I had more of an opportunity to focus on them this time around. I was able to enjoy their stories. I was able to share my own.
It was awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment