Thursday, February 21, 2008

Accident


I got the following e-mail from a student last night:
---------------------
S,
Ok listen to this: Coming home from school tonight I witnessed an accident right in front of me as there was a car that swerved around another one and wrecked right before the bridge. Before this, I noticed the car in front of the one that lost control was going really slow and wasn’t even in the lane all the way and it looked like they were going to stop. The car that lost control collided off of the railing and ended up back in the other lane and up on the curb of the walkway leading over the bridge with a couple of blown out tires. So I pull over in front of the accident and notice that I recognized who it was as it was someone from our class (wont mention any names) AND get this the other person that gets out of there car is also in our class. So I stuck around to be a witness and give my version of what happened. The other person in the car that didn’t wreck wasn’t saying too much about it, as they both were on their cell phones when I first arrived. Interestingly, as soon as the police show up the person that didn’t wreck said that she was way behind him before the accident occurred and just pulled up to see what had happened. Now my version was quite different and I could tell that the one who wrecked had a similar story to what I saw. So, in my opinion, the other person was trying to avoid any responsibility for the accident. All I know is from my point of view that one car slowed down and almost appeared to go off the road and then back on it and the one behind it had to make a quick move, which wasn’t very graceful and sent the car into a tail spin and into the rails and up on the curb. I’m not exactly sure what happened but I don’t think what the other person was telling the police was the truth at all, but then again I can’t be for sure myself because this happened rather quickly. Sad thing is the one that I think was lying was the older and supposed to be more mature of the two involved. Thought you would be interested and you might find out from them as well what the story was. Interesting considering we were just talking about false memories. Well, it appears that one of us was having a false memory tonight.
------------------------------------

I do not know what I think of this whole situation. I hope that everyone is okay. I hope that this does not create drama in the classroom.....

No comments: