Thursday, February 08, 2007

Special


Things that have made me stop to think "Wow, this world is 'special'" so far this week:

1. The truly special astronaut scandal plastered across every paper...whoa.

2. The fact that the special astronaut lady wore a diaper (and had dirty ones in her car) when arrested...again, whoa.

3. The special fact that I stopped and said, "Oh no" when I read of Anna Nicole's death -- it will be interesting to see why.

4. The fact that a truly truly 'special' (although the term psychotic is probably more accurate) woman in my life has decided that I am somehow beneath her and has a new nickname for me....I say bring it on (she doesn't want to -- trust me-- not in this instance).

5. The special fact that I give a second's thought to 1-4 when there are so many more critical things taking place in our world that I am barely able to comprehend let alone talk about here.

Things that have irritated me so far this week:

1. This jackass

2. This dumbass

3. #4 from above

4. My students complaining because I expected them to take notes and did not post everything covered in class on the internet --- um, hello....welcome to college!

5. A couple of other people

Things that have made me laugh this week:

1. J's newest song

2. #4 from above

3. My response to my students' complaints.

4. The sunshine

5. Talking to my girl, A.

Things that have brought me a little sense of peace so far this week:

1. The knowledge that Friday is almost here

2. Having enough money to pay the bills

3. Reaffirming my friendship with a few people

4. The knowledge that not having all of the answers is a part of life and growing up

5. Knowing my girl K will watch R-dawg while I am away.

No comments: