Sunday, February 04, 2007

Cruel

I finally received my evaluations from my more difficult class last quarter. As I anticipated, they were brutal. There were a few ladies (my cheaters) that ripped me apart. I suppose there was some constructive feedback amongst the comments too...

In general, I am aware of the fact that I have a lot to learn. I know that I will improve as an instructor with time and dedication. It is hard to keep that in mind, however, when people tear me down. Today I need to write lectures for my other class. As I attempt to do so, negative thoughts float through my head. For whatever reason, I can not seem to really recall the positive feedback that I received as well.

It is funny how easily we can tear each other down. It is amazing how cruel people can be when given the opportunity. The thing is that we are all aware of our short-comngs. A person rarely needs his or her deficiencies pointed out to him or her. It is a good thing I have a couple of very wise men in my life whom offer up good advice. J always says, "There are a million people in this world that will tear you down - you don't have to be one of them". With that in mind, I will focus on positive things and work on being the best I can be at this juncture. My boy I often says, "No one can make you feel a certain way unless you let them". Well, I am not going to let them think that I am not good at what I do. It is those students' problems if they are bitter because I called them on their shit. I expect a lot out of people and I am done allowing people to be any less than their potential....

And I am okay with that....

No comments: