I am pleased to report that thus far my quarter is going well. The students in my class seem a bit more intense than normal, but I decided that is no big deal. I am teaching an evening class this quarter rather than a day class. Consequently, the culture of the class is different than usual. I have students whom are seemingly more invested in their educations--perhaps this is because they are financing it themselves or perhaps it is due to the fact that they have to balance their classes with work and home. I am not sure.
I find myself compelled to try to make my students smile a bit more. I want them to relax and enjoy the learning process. I want them to be a bit less concerned with the format of tests and a bit more concerned regarding how the information they learn applies to their lives.
I hope that my students become less concerned with writing down every word I utter. I hope that they eventually become more compelled to question what I am talking about. I hope that they become active participants in their learning processes. I hope that I can inspire the same....
No comments:
Post a Comment