Sunday, December 31, 2006

Paralyzed

I have been thinking a lot lately -- thinking too much. As always, a majority of my thoughts are pretty trivial. A few others are a bit more significant and more involved. The topics in my head are pretty varied: Some are regarding the general condition of the world, some are surrounding recent headlines, some involve loved ones and friends, some are about decisions I must make and tasks I must complete.

It seems that I fluctuate from almost obsessing on a particular topic to just fluttering between insignificant thoughts. In some respects, my mind is chaos right now. Again, I am thinking too much. I am not sure if things are this way because I am too stressed to focus on one thing at a time, if I have too much going on in my head, or if I have some form of Adult ADD. I suspect it is probably a combination of the first two.

Whatever the reason may be, I find myself paralyzed. I have not completed a task since Friday. I am easily distracted (yes, more than usual) and unable to focus. It is almost as if I must organize the thoughts in my head before I may proceed with the rest of my life. So - here I am - at my computer - desperate -- literally desperate -- to complete a thought. I convinced myself that if I can write one blog entry, I may be able to proceed with the rest of my day.

So -- here is my attempt to release some energy. Here is my acknowledgement that my thoughts are a bit overwhelming. Here is my attempt to complete a task and to combat the paralysis....

No comments: