I am stuffy - very stuffy. My heads hurts. I can barely breathe. My diet currently is comprised mostly of tylenol (which I hate taking) and cough drops mixed in with my Fall regiment of pumpkin spice lattes and my random craving for fries, which occurred at about five o'clock this evening.
All I can think of between sniffles is that commercial with the little green blob guy who moves into a person's chest and takes over his or her body. I believe he even brings his wife along to set up house. I am absolutely convinced that they have moved into my body. I want those "germies" to go away. I am too busy to be sick. I do not have the luxury of being able to take sick time. I do not have time to seek extra sleep. I do not want to be medicated as I teach my classes and conduct assessments. Some how, it just does not seem like the optimal situation to do so. My voice is pretty special too. I probably sound like some phone sex operator right now - it isn't cute.
To top it off, every one of my clinical staff called in sick today. That is right-- every single one. I had to cancel my morning class and rush to work today so that I could observe medications, case manage, assess, etc. It was a busy day.
Although I am not pleased that I am sick, I am still able to function (although not fully). I am thankful that I seem to only have a cold rather than a flu (or, I, smallpox, West Nile, etc.). Being stuffy really isn't the end of the world -- just a minor inconvenience....
4 comments:
The best part about being sick with a cold is Nyquil liquid gel caps. Good times...
I was reading your blog and i think you erroneously labeled your symptoms as the 'flu' or the common cold. In realtiy it sounds like you might have the 'bird flu' or possibly even SARS or is SARAS-have you been to asia lately?
i
Maybe your body is trying to get you to look at sick time not as a luxury, but as a benefit you have earned and a necessary tool to heal your mind and body . . . I also struggle with calling in sick, but things do have a way of getting done, even when we aren't there - and by the end of the day I am able to not feel as guilty when I look in the mirror at my sick self . . .Feel Better! :(
Thanks for the well wishes. I am getting better. I, you'd better be wrong. Afterall, you have to sit with me at that conference next week...8 hours is a lot of time to spread some germs. A, thanks for reminding me of those benefits...I often forget..
Post a Comment