Saturday, October 14, 2006

Domination

Have you ever known a secret that dominates your thoughts? Occupies ever corner of your mind? I know one right now….it weighs on me heavily.

The secret is not juicy. It will not tear apart a relationship or start a big scandal, yet it is big. It will literally alter the life of the person whom it involves. The thing is: the person whom it is about does not know about it—thus the secret. The information about this person is a lot to process. I want to talk about it—to work through my thoughts. I want to know what I can do to help. I want to figure out my role in the situation, if I have one. I think that it is important, if not imperative—for the person to know. I also know why she does not.

There are reasons that the person is not aware of the situation. It may be for her protection. I am not sure. I also understand that it is not my place to inform her of the information that pertains to her. It would not be right.

So, here I remain with a secret—a secret that is not mine—a secret that haunts me...

No comments: