Tomorrow I leave my job -- forever. My transition from one position to another has lasted for the past month and a half. On one hand, splitting my time between my old job and my new one has been stressful. It seems like I have been ineffectively running around between the sites in an attempt to complete a task here or there without ever really actually accomplishing anything. In other respects, however, it has been great: I have been able to ease into my new position while still having daily interactions with my old team and receiving the support of my friends.
A part of me wants to call in sick tomorrow. I do not want to say goodbye. I do not want to come to terms with the fact that I will not be going to that building on Monday. I will not get to yell, "Hi Boss!", as walk through the door. I will not get to shake my head in frustration as I walk down the poorly painted halls. I will not hear a chorus of my name as I walk into the lobby. My friends will not stop in my doorway to say hello and ask me how my weekend went...
I will even have to find a new coffee stand to patronize too, as the one I currently stop at will be completely out of the way as I go to work each morning. I am going to have to find a new barista who does not bother me with questions like "what size?" or "would you like that hot or iced?"...boy, life sure is about to change...
I hope that I remain in contact with those whom I have come to adore. I hope that I remember all that I have learned from them. I hope that I remember my "roots" of sorts as I move on. In addition, I also hope that I have made a difference in the lives of those whom I have worked with for the past several years. I hope that I have helped improve the quality of their lives...I hope that we all remember one another with fondness...I hope that we will meet again soon...
Therefore, I will not be saying goodbye...
No comments:
Post a Comment