Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Audience

My girl A left a comment that she now checks out my blog. It has come to my attention that a lot of people are checking it out these days. It is funny-- when I began writing regularly, I had no intention of sharing it with others. I figured it would be a brief phase of allowing myself to type out my thoughts in an effort to free them from my mind. My blog is not listed publicly on the server-- so, there is no reason for someone to stumble upon it. I assumed I would delete the blog within a month or two. To be honest, I am not even sure how people came to start reading it. I suppose that the blog’s existence came up in conversation with someone who mentioned it to someone who mention it to someone else…

In any case, the blog exists. I even seem to have some fairly regular readers. I am not sure what possesses a person to spend thirty seconds or so to read my entries. I know that I am not saying anything too particularly profound. Perhaps I am allowing readers a glimpse into my mind through my writing that they do not seem to get when interacting with me in person. Perhaps my blog is simply famous for providing a dose of daily sarcasm. Perhaps it gives others something to think about…I do not know.

I took some time tonight to re-read my entries. As usual, I am amused by my own thought processes. As I review what I have said, I am aware of the fact that I am often writing in response to specific experiences. I also often direct my entries to a particular person (perhaps not explicitly)-- even though it is more likely than not that the person will never know that my words exist. It is kind of neat to review those things that have floated around my mind. I like remembering different experiences. I enjoy reviewing my struggles. I am amused by my geekiness.

As more people read my blog, it occurs to me that perhaps I should censor myself a bit more. Perhaps I should not write exactly what is on my mind. Perhaps I should be more aware of my audience as I contemplate the world…

Then again, that just wouldn’t be me…and…after all, this is the B Blog…

Enjoy…

No comments: