I turned in my resignation on Thursday. I am leaving my current position to try another. The choice is made. The decision is final.
In many ways, the transition should be good for me: I will make a few more cents per year, I will be required to work fewer hours, and I will have a new supervisor (which could go either way). There are other perks as well...
The change is negative in my mind as well in some respects: I will be abandoning clients I care about, leaving a team I believe in, and saying goodbye to good friends. I will also be leaving my mentor, whom I adore.
As always, I struggle with my decision, even now - days after it was made. Is this the right path for me? What will it accomplish? The struggle is pointless, however, as the choice was made. The decision is final.
Although I am anxious about the change, I remain optimistic as well. I am good at my job. I understand the company. I know I am able to manage the conflicting personalities I am about to supervise. I hope that others recognize my ability. I hope that they are able to support my decision. Afterall, the choice was made. The decision is final...
No comments:
Post a Comment