Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Friends

I've been thinking a lot about my friends lately. Not the ones that I see everyday, but the ones I used to see. This happens to me every Spring: the weather becomes nice and I start to miss Bellingham (what a beautiful city), then I miss college, and then my friends.

I've had the privilege of talking with a few of these friends lately-- I am trying to convince one that she wants to move to Western Washington so she and I can relive our college days. Another one of my college friends and I are currently involved in an excellent long-distance conversation regarding religion. Another one of my friends updated me regarding the most recent drama in her family and her new boyfriend.

It is amazing to me how significant my friendships are. Despite not seeing some of my friends in months, or in other cases, years, I maintain good relationships with these people. They mean a lot to me and have really helped form the person that I am today. It is amazing to me that I can go months without talking to one of these friends and then pick-up like we never stopped.

So-- to those friends: Thank you for being a part of my life. Thank you for being you. Most importantly, thank you for letting me be me and for helping me become the person I want to be....

No comments: