As a person whom works in mental health, I know that it is important to take care of one's self. One must rest, relax and have fun in life.
Despite my knowledge, I am not sure I always do...My husband recently pointed out to me that my "plate is getting too full". I continue to work at a non-profit mental health agency, I opened my own practice (although not much has happened there) and next quarter I am going to be teaching a Psych 101 class. We are also considering moving, etc. I suppose I do have a lot going on. I usually have a lot of things flying through my brain and try to multi-task as often as possible. Today, I sat down and thought about this. Why am I not happy with my regular job? Why take on an additional workload of lesson planning and grading? Why private practice? What is it that I am trying to accomplish with all of this? If hit by a car tomorrow, was it worth it? Did I enjoy today or was I too busy working? I came to the following conclusion: If I stay busy, I don't have to think about things. I think that in an effort to avoid thinking about the loss of our baby and the other things in this world that I find to be unjust or unfair, I just take more on. So, tonight I am going to do absolutely nothing. I am going to relax and take care of myself...At least for awhile. I am going to deal with my thoughts and enjoy the evening. I hope you do the same....
No comments:
Post a Comment