Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Forty-One

Tadpole,

You are now forty months old. Doesn't that seem like such a long time? I feel like you've been a part of my life forever, yet it seems like you were born just yesterday. It all passes so quickly, just as everone warned it would.

This month was busy! You were especially stoked about Halloween. You dressed up as Spiderman. Daddy and I were a bit sad by this selection; alas your race car driver outfit simply did not fit over your tummy again this year. You know very little about Spiderman, but seemed drawn to the costume due to the muscles built into it. You did quite well at trick-or-treating. While we only went to a few familiar houses in our old neighborhood, you were eager to knock on doors and say trick-or-treat. You demonstrated good manners, too. You ate a few pieces of candy that night, but Daddy and I ended up finishing things off for you later (sorry about that). You were much more interested in a glow stick that you received from our neighbor, P. You even took it to bed with you. Of course, the month was also highlighted by a trip from Aunt K and N who took us to the pumpkin patch where we met G and N, too.

The month was also marked by the end of your soccer season. While I think you enjoyed your time on the field, I'm not convinced the sport is for you. You often seemed to be in a daze while playing and were quite concerned about not getting in anyone's way or touching the ball unless the coach blew the whistle. You received a trophy and medal for your efforts though and really seemed to enjoy the socialization outside of school. We're talking about perhaps pursuing swimming lessons next.

As the weather transitions rapidly, we're spending much more time indoors. Our property is perfect for the summer as their is much room to explore. Inside, however, you and your brother seem to pick on each other a bit and we have yet to get into a good routine for play and such. Thankfully, you both like to read and also each maintain active imaginations. In an effort to mix things up a bit, Daddy and I took you to the public library in our little town the other day. You loved it! You were especially surprised when you became official with a library of your very own. You slipped it into your wallet with such pride. Then, when you learned we could bring a book home, you weere thrilled! You selected Miss Nelson is Missing! - a classic if I do say so myself.

At this point, you're a bit focused on Christmas, as to be expected. You're not too worried about presents or anything like that, but do know that you'll need to go visit Santa soon so that you may acquire a candycane. You also would like to know when we're going to decorate. Much to my surprise, I acquired an Elf on the Shelf for our family, something I thought I'd never do. You happily named him 'Glenn' and like to look for him each day. You seem oblivious to the fact that his presence is really meant to bribe you into good behavior. Alas, maybe that is a good lesson for me.

You have taught me many lessons since your birth, my sweet boy. The most important one, of course, is what matters in life. You, your brother, and Daddy are my world and I'm so thankful for our little family. You make me a better person, a happier person. Thank you for that.

Love,
Mama

No comments: