Tadpole,
You are forty months old. That seems like a pretty high number and when I actually think about it, I don't remember much before you. This is silly because I was around for quite awhile before you joined my life. The fact is though that I can't imagine a world without you, nor would I ever want to.
This month was another fun one. You started soccer, which you love, but are rather terrible at. Your practice and games occur right in the middle of your nap time. With that, you're a relative zombie when on the field. We're typically about half-way home from your games when you start to perk up and show some enthusiasm for the game. You also seem a little pre-occuppied with not wanting to get others dirty or slamming into your peers while on the field. When you're not actually thinking about things on the field and are engaged though, you seem to be having so much fun, which is a joy to see.
At school, you went on your first field trip this week. You were SO excited. I was really disappointed not to be able to join you, but Daddy had an important doctor's appointment that I needed to take him to and I was not able to attend. Some of the other moms from your class texted me pictures. One was of you covering your mouth as you squealed with joy because you got to ride in the school bus. Your class went to Bob's Pumpkin Farm. I think this was a good selection for you personally, as you've been to that farm several times in past years. With that, it was a familiar-enough environment for you. It also allowed you to have a preview of all of the fun activities are family may complete when Aunt K and N come up to visit in a few weeks!
Daddy and I have noticed a real increase in your imaginative play over the past few weeks. It is so cool to watch you create various stories in your head. You often talk about the river that runs through our house. We must be careful to remain on chairs or use proper book bridges to remain safe. Yesterday, you asked me to hand you a book in the car. When I did, you immediately started making up a song to go with the pictures and seemed to be leading circle time for an imaginary class.
You're to the point now that you absolutely do not like to do what you're told (especially put on pants!). You love to help me cook though and will engage in other chores if I can make it a game for you. At times, you can be a bit too rough on your brother, but you're so compassionate towards him at the same time. In many ways, you're a contradiction. A beautiful, silly contradiction.
Your Daddy and I continue to be so grateful to have you in our lives. You make each day challenging and fun. I love waking up to you each morning as you request 'I want to snuggle' in your most pathetic voice. I also love how you run to me each afternoon after a full day of playing with your friends. I love your curiosity, your need to do things 'just so' and your ridiculousness. I love all of you my little man. To the moon and back...and even further.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment