Tadpole,
This month was another busy month. We are still not fully settled into our new home. Daddy and I decided it best to relocate my office upstairs, which gives you and your brother a playroom on the main floor. While this arrangement likely makes the most sense for our lifestyle right now, it has delayed our unpacking efforts with attention being diverted to re-paining walls, refinishing furniture, etc.
I'm happy to report that you seem to be enjoying your new classroom. Daddy and I actually thought about pulling you and your brother from your current school, as it takes us about 2 hours to get you there and back each day. After touring a couple of places though, it seems that your current school is the best option at this time, as the program aligns with our values in early childhood education and you are thriving there. I'm really impressed that each day when I come into the room, you have new activities and toys with which to play. This keeps things interesting and challenging for you rather than leading to boredom and complacency.
Outside of school, you are doing well. We just signed you up for soccer, which you will start in a couple of weeks. We bought you a set of shin guards the other day, which you think are quite special. I'm excited to see your reaction when you open your cleats, which came in the mail today. Signing you up for soccer was admittedly just as much for Daddy and me as it is for you. We think you'll love having the opportunity play outside and make new friends. Daddy and I are excited to have the chance to engage with parents of similar-age children to our own within the local area. We think the fresh air will do us all good, too. Also, I adored soccer when I was little. My hope is that you will love it, too.
It seems that a lot of our time lately has been spent at home just getting through the normal tasks of life. You and your brother tend to fight for my attention as well as that of your Daddy. We're often reading, chasing each other around, or singing. You also like to wander to the fence in the hope that your new girlfriend, A (who is 19 by the way), will come out and bid you hello. We think you're in love. I suspect that things are about to get much more busy, too. Given that fall is approaching, you have many plans for our family. You're excited to attend several of the local pumpkin patches and have plans to walk through a number of corn mazes, too. You're thinking about costumes for Halloween and we've even entertained the idea of hosting a Fall festival for your friends at our house. I don't know that we'll be able to pull it together for that though. You have plans to also acquire a few farm animals this Fall too. Specifically, you would like a goat and two sheep. I blew your mind the other day when I informed you that to get more animals, we will first need to practice being responsible. You had no idea that we would have to feed and groom the animals let alone clean up after them. You did inform me on the way to school this morning, however, that you'd be willing to feed your sheep on Thursdays and Fridays, too. You also said, "I'll even clean up after their poop!" before you burst into a fit of laughter. You are SUCH a boy.
Every day you exhaust me, your sweet little man. Every day you challenge me, test my patience, and make my heart swell with love. When you're kind to people, I feel so much pride. When you're upset, I feel incredibly stressed. When your inquisitive, I'm excited. It is amazing. I love you my little Tadpole - to the moon and back and even further.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment