It is the time of the year in which I should review my 10x10 list. I completed this task today. I am disappointed to see that I am unable to cross more off of it.With that said, however, I am amazed by all of the great stuff I've done in the past year that I did not even realize I wanted to accomplish - thus those items did not even make it on the list in the first place.
Update:
1. Take a cooking class
2. Earn my PhD
3. Remodel kitchen (or move) – (will be done in September)
4. Have a child (or ACTUALLY accept that this is not a possibility) – (Working on it)
5. Go whitewater rafting
6. See Germany
7. Figure out the appropriate use of contractions with it's, its, etc.
8. Travel to Italy
9. Read for pleasure on a regular basis
10. Frame my own photographs
11. Find a hairstyle that is flattering
12. Wear those damn pink/purple shoes that have been in my closet for ages
13. Dance
14. Finish wedding album
15. Go on honeymoon
16. Get published in an academic journal
17. Serve as a textbook reviewer
18. Attend a professional conference not required of me
19. Attend more plays
20. Tour the east coast
21. Lay on a beach and be okay with being lazy
22. Lose 30 lbs.
23. Each more vegetables daily
24. Learn to lighten up on myself
25 Be okay with letting some relationships go
26. Start flossing regularly
27. Ignore negativity
28. Paint my bedroom (or move -- cause that's a good solution, ya know) (one wall done – deciding on the others)
29. Make more time for my friends
30. Make more time for my family
31. Increase my attendance to local sporting events
32. Organize my office
33. Find the perfect pair of jeans (for me)
34. Take yoga
35. Try water aerobics
36. Go to Alaska
37. Firmly establish a significant retirement account
38. Purchase new dining room chairs
39. Establish my place in my department
40. Seek tenure (or make the decision not to)
41. Mentor grad students
42. Score a hot tub
43. Start a business
44. Take an entire summer off from work
45. Establish a workout routine and maintain it for a length of more than 6 months.
46. Update the playlists on my iPOD
47. Get a new address book and organize it
48. Landscape the yard
49. Make jewelry
50. Teach a course on the topic of personality development
51. Refuse a class I really do not need and be okay with that decision
52. Re-establish contact with old friends
53. Start carrying my wallet regularly
54. Wear more jewelry
55. Identify one type of seafood I enjoy
56. Get into the habit of taking vitamins regularly
57. Attend a comedy show
58. Maintain my current trend of not biting nails (even when back to a lecturing schedule)
59. Establish a 'normal' sleep schedule
60. Get into the habit of drinking at least 64 ounces of water per day
61. Travel to Greece
62. Go parasailing
63. Become familiar with the downtown corridor
64. Remove the word 'dude' from my vocabulary
65. Replace some email with hand-written notes
66. Overcome social anxiety
67. Take time each day to be thankful (i.e. make it a habit)
68. Become more aware of global politics
69. Go see a show on Broadway
70. Refine my clinical skills
71. Learn to say 'no' without guilt
72. Become more vocal regarding my personal perspective
73. Learn to garden
74. Watch more documentaries
75. Get personalized stationary that I adore
76. Inspire great work
77. Pierce my ears
78. Race go-carts
79. Take a boat trip through the San Juans
80. Learn to not despise grocery shopping
81. Sort through boxes of memorabilia and organize the same
82. De-clutter
83. Establish some type of facial cleansing routine
84. Go to Hawaii
85. Re-read Tuck Everlasting and The Giver
86. Apply for a grant
87. Make krumkake
88. Write regularly - for enjoyment rather than work.
89. Visit a psychic
90. Increase advocating efforts
91. See my Johnny in concert (shut up, I want to do this again)
92. Party in Vegas
93. Go to Disneyland
94. Travel to the Caribbean
95. Plan and host an awesome event
96. Learn to iron
97. Bake a pie
98. Discover a new author I adore
99. Become more involved in my nephews' lives
100. Design the perfect holiday card
No comments:
Post a Comment