Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Drama

I always naively tell myself life will calm down. I reassure myself, "Oh, if I just make it through tomorrow's lectures, all will be well", or say something like, "It will be the weekend soon enough".

While living day-by-day and being present in the current moment is a good technique, I am finally willing to admit that I do this out of necessity, not out of intention (although I WILL return to that practice soon enough). The chaos that swirls around me never seems to go away. I must be some type of amazing magnetic force that says, "Come hither" to all the drama in the world.

It is true that I made some foolish choices that have lead to an unique and sometimes stressful professional situation right now. In addition, I face my upcoming return to the classroom as a student, which does add a certain level of stress in the back of my mind. These circumstances, although complex, are not that which sits in the forefront of my mind right now though.

Recently, I find my thoughts centered not around my own life, but on others. I've been thinking a lot about the power of a diagnosis, the cycle of life, and the pain associated with love. There are many people in my world whom face dramatic life changes whom I seek to support. Yet, their journeys are not my own and I may not forge their paths for them, but only walk alongside of them or maybe even a few steps behind.

I often wish I could do more, but am totally happy where I am as well.

I look forward to supporting, cheering on, and being present.

No comments: