The past two months have been nothing but chaos for me. Things literally have GOT to slow down. It seems I do have a limit. I am there.
I have a pretty intense work schedule. I have many students and many classes. With this, I have little room for extra curricular activities. Over the past several weeks, however, life has simply spiraled out of control. My mother became ill. J's grandmother was ill. We put J's dad's house on the market. It sold. We began the process of assisting him in buying a new home. We reconfigured our personal finances. J's grandfather died. I became ill. The whole family was in town. Mid-term grades were due. J's grandmother's illness got worse. Etc. Etc.
I certainly pride myself (most of the time) on my ability to multi-task, but eventually everyone hits a wall. I find myself exhausted. I find myself feeling ill. I know that it is due to too much chaos. With that said, I'm embarking on a bit of a retreat. Tomorrow night, I have a date with a friend. On Monday, I thankfully only have one class. Tuesday and Wednesday mark final exams in three of my classes. I will then submit grades. Next week, I will disappear for a day or two.
I am disappointed on one level because I feel as if I am slacking. On the other hand, I see this semi-break as a matter of survival.
1 comment:
you did NOT NOT NOT just call yourself a slacker. Seriously? sheesh. What are we going to do with you?
Post a Comment