Saturday, March 20, 2010

Self-Centered

This week my goal is to be self-centered. That sounds a bit bad, doesn't it? It certainly is not meant to sound that way. At the end of the day, however, I just cannot care.

It seems that I have been going 1000 miles a minute for an extended period of time now. I am burned. I need a break. Luckily, life is working out to the point where I will get a day or two to do just that. Today, I calculated the term grades for three of my classes. Tomorrow, I will submit them to the Registrar. In other classes, we're about to engage in Spring Break. Those classes still in session will require minimal work from me. I am thankful.

I have much work to do to prepare for next quarter. I also have a couple of huge projects I must attend to this week, which I may discuss here at a later date. For the most part, however, I will spend from now until Wednesday engaging in some serious self-care and having a bit of fun. I refuse to feel guilty for this splurge either. Most people, it seems, get weekends. I do not.

I definitely feel Spring in the air. I feel change coming and I'm not resisting. Instead, I'm rolling with it. I'm engaging in a bit of a self-inventory and making serious plans for the future.

I hope they work out the way they are meant to be.

No comments: