I have good news, people...
Well, good news from my perspective. It really does not affect you one bit.
My good news, you ask? I turned in grades for two of my classes last night and did not pick up replacements for the next session. This effectively knocked my current class load to a more manageable six courses. Don't get me wrong, six classes is still more than enough work for any effective teacher, especially given that I still engage in clinical work as well, but gosh, I already feel better.
I find myself really content right now. For the first time in many years, I am facing a holiday break. Time off. Freedom. The possibility of the same feels incredible. I have no specific plans. I do not need them. I simply need to know things may happen.
I should likely publicly thank J for the past two weeks. You see, I have not been well. First, I had a bout with strep and then this past week, I was completely debilitated by a migraine so severe that I could not function. He found me (on the floor desperately trying to die), and took care of me. He nursed me to health and then told me I could get through the week. He also reassured me that things will be okay. He supported my decision to let go of a couple of classes for the time being, but did not push me either way. He assured me that our finances will be fine. He distracted me as not to allow me to be too lost in academia, but also respected my need to focus and crank on my grading, etc. So, J...thank you.
I have the feeling that the next few weeks will fly by quickly, but I am excited about them. I am intent on maintaining this current feeling of peace. I will continue to be productive, hopefully increase my creativity, and just be.
Life will work the rest out.
1 comment:
It makes me so, so happy to read this. Realizing that I sound parental, but needing to say it anyway . . . I am so proud of you! Congrats on making and following through with a difficult decision. Bring on the holidays!
Post a Comment