Some updates:
1. I have a new hair do. I saw my mother today. For the first time ever, she did not pull back in horror in reaction to seeing something different (she prefers my hair as it was when I was 3 - strawberry blond, to the middle of my back with bangs).
2. J does not so much enjoy the hair, which kind of cracks me up. He knows, however, if he is patient it will eventually make it back to the way that it was.
3. I had 7 classes at one point this quarter. Right now, I am down to 5. I'll be down to 3 by next Saturday and have a bit of reprieve until next quarter.
4. I am going to teach abnormal psychology for the first time next quarter. I am convinced I'll do well at the same. I have a lot of great stories, some solid experience, etc., which will serve me well. Unfortunately, I have so many good ideas at this point, that I can't even seem to organize my thoughts enough to develop a friggin' syllabus.
5. J and I are going away. I am excited. We deserve it. We deserve a lot more than what we give each other. I think we need to work on that.
6. I've come to the conclusion that I want to focus exclusively on teaching (I know, we all knew that before, huh?). I think I am to the point where I have enough opportunities that I likely could. With that said, I cannot help but think that it is foolish to leave a job in such an economy. I realize I am lucky to have a position at all. Thus, I do nothing.
7. I talked with my sister for the first time in many weeks yesterday. It was good to catch up. She and I need to work on our relationship. It is silly that we're so busy that we do not make adequate time for one another.
8. I've realized that my efforts to allow others privacy do not always benefit them. Perhaps it is okay to reach out more. Perhaps such action is even needed. Being polite is not always the correct mode of operation.
9. A lot of people I know are getting married right now. I hate weddings, but am determined to change that perspective.
10. Creative energy is overflowing.
2 comments:
Yahoo! Nothing specific, just like to read about your life. I love you.
Happy Birthday to your sis!
Post a Comment