Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Remarkable

Sometimes I struggle being a teacher. I worry that I am not intelligent or articulate enough. I loose faith in my abilities as time passes by and I do not find the right full-time position. Just when I am frustrated beyond belief -- feeling that I am working hard for no reason, a reminder regarding why I love what I do seems to surface. This week, it came in the form of an email. Here is what my former student, J, a gentleman who is older than I and has since moved to California, wrote to me this week:

Just wanted to say thanks. I just finished my first week of Dev. Psych. and amazingly I actually remember a ton from your class. That's a cheap shot, I really enjoyed your class and having you as an instructor. My new instructor is entertaining, and very knowledgeable, but he's no 'B'. I felt obligated to tell you thanks for taking a subject that I was completely skeptical about, and helping me build a solid foundation for something I now truly enjoy.

I hope this doesn't come off too lame, but I in my life I have been lucky enough to learn a lot from some very remarkable people, and not just in school. I am very fortunate to have had you as an educator, and just wanted to say Thank You.

J

Once again, I am refocused. J taught me quite a bit as well.

No comments: