It seems that several people in my life are struggling with some pretty heavy issues. For the most part, there is little that I can do for them except to be supportive. I like doing the same as I can and try not to overwhelm anyone. It seems that I am good at being supportive. The fact is that I care and it seems that others perceive that.
Interestingly enough as infinite as my support is for others, I do not provide myself with the same courtesy. I am often self-doubting and maybe, on some level, a bit self-destructive. I knock myself down before anyone else can. I tend to not try new things rather than risk failure. It is a STUPID way to live.
Mark Twain once said, "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
I understand what he said. I want to get there.
No comments:
Post a Comment