Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Coordinate


So....it seems that you have some things on your mind. You need some space to process those items. I sure respect that. Good for you for taking that space. Don't let anyone take it away from you. It is not theirs to take.

With that said, I have this feeling. My gut tells me that you beat yourself up for having thoughts - for being preoccupied. I want to remind you that everyone has things on their minds. It is normal. It is okay. In fact, it is human. The only people that do not have something on their minds are those whom are not paying attention or are living in denial. Sure, those tactics work for awhile at minimizing the discomfort and some inconvenience, but they tend to only make things worse a bit later.

While you are sitting there criticizing yourself for being a little less than super-human, remember to give yourself a few kudos as well. Congratulate yourself for getting out of bed this morning. Give yourself props for trying again. Don't waste your energy trying to emulate perfection. No one needs you to do that for them. No one expects it from you either.

Ask for help as you need it. Seek distractions when you desire them.

If you need either, I'd be happy to coordinate the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that I am as good a friend to others as you are to me. I wish I could articulate how important these words are to me, right now, but I can't, so just thank you, for this, and for everything.

Anonymous said...

OMG, improper use of commas all over the place on that post! Get out your red pen!

R & R said...

I am glad they speak to you and that they make a difference. :)