As silly as it sounds, over the past few days I have thought to myself, "Oh please don't let me get into a wreck and die today" as I glanced around the house before leaving. This thought did not come secondary to the fact that I am particularly worried about dying, nor did I have an eerie feeling I would crash. Instead, it came from the fact that I have been so busy over the past few weeks that my house has not been at an acceptable level of cleanliness in some time. I would hate for detectives to come to my house to investigate my death just to see what a slob I am -- Or, heaven forbid, my family have to come sort through my junk through the filth. Quite frankly, the mess was unacceptable and quite annoying. If someone would have stopped by when I happened to be home, I would not have answered the door -- too embarrassing.
I am happy to report to you, my dear blog reader, that I have turned a leaf. Today, the dishes were done, the carpet vacuumed, laundry completed, floors swept, and the piles were sorted. In addition, I even made some food --ya know, the kind that involves more than just bread and peanut butter.
The schedule shall pick-up again tomorrow. After reviewing the calendar, it appears that things may be hectic for quite some time. So, if you're going to drop by -- today is the day. Right now..while things are fairly clean....wait, darn it....I see dust.
Well, it was a nice thought while it lasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment