Let me tell you about the specialness that was my day:
1. J did not come home on time. I stayed up and worried thus messing with my morning nap.
2. I slept through my alarm.
3. I finally woke up when my phone rang. I answered it. It took me about 15 seconds to realize the reason I could not understand the man on the line was because he was not speaking in English -- not because I was half-asleep.
4. I went to work.
5. I went to school.
6. The freakin' computer at school froze in middle of playing a video.
7. I went back to work.
8. After being at work for about 15 minutes, I used the restroom. While washing my hands, I looked in the mirror. I discovered my shirt was on backwards.
9. I cursed my students for not pointing my specialness out to me. I highly doubt almost 100 people did not notice.
10. I laughed at myself.
11. I worked diligently.
12. At about 4:30, my boss handed me an e-mail indicating that I needed to come up with an outline for a presentation for the state conference. Of course, the bloody thing is due tomorrow.
13. I came home and got the mail.
14. There was a reminder notice from the utility company.
15. J and I had words about my ability to pay bills.
16. I showed him the carbon copy of the check I wrote and then called the bank and found it did not ever clear our account.
17. I went to pay the bill online and discovered it would cost me $6 to do the same. Screw that. I can pay it in person tomorrow.
18. I attempted to grab a coffee before class. I discovered I forgot my wallet next to the computer.
19. I went to class.
20. I babbled as if I were manic.
21. I discussed the effects of sleep deprivation, lectured on dreaming, and began discussing psychoactive drugs.
22. My students stared at me.
23. I laughed.
1 comment:
Whoa!
Post a Comment