On Tuesday, I left work earlier than normal to get to school on time. There is construction on campus with limited parking and it was to be my first day lecturing. I did not want to be late.
Overall, I seemed a bit more nervous on my first day of class than I have been in previous quarters. Interestingly enough, I was not as worried about my first lecture as normal. As I cruised along listening to my tunes, I was pleased that I was in a good frame of mind and prepared for my class. I gave myself plenty of time and felt good about the world.
Then, it happened.
For the 2nd time in two months (and in my life), I was involved in an accident. Once again, I am happy to report it was not my fault. As I sat at a red light, the gentleman behind me decided that red did not necessarily mean to stop. Lucky for me he was not going incredibly fast. I did not have time to deal with the whole thing, so I simply took his insurance information and copied his name and address from his license (of course, since I am me and was in a hurry, I actually wrote down his VIN number rather than his policy number :). I briefly asked the guy what happened to which he responded, “Oh, I was just checking out the truck next to us”. Urgh. It is all good though.
So, once again I am taking my vehicle into the body shop. It appears that I need a new bumper and that my suspension may be messed up. Once again I will engage in a war with the insurance companies. Once again I am convinced that my car is possessed or has bad chi.
I am not really sure if I am hurt. I am stiff today, but that is not extremely out of the ordinary for me either.
So, in summary, that makes: two car accidents in two months and two full-time jobs. It may also make 2 much stress. :)
1 comment:
I got in a similar wreck about two months ago. What made it especially painful was the fact that I was driving the company car with the president of one of our branches in the passenger seat. I still haven't heard the end of it, nor do I expect to.
Post a Comment