I was given 2 classes for next quarter. If I take them both, I must leave my other job. It seems like I have been preaching a lot about following one's gut and taking chances. My opportunity is now here and, as usual, I froze. What should I do? Feedback welcome and solicited....I need to give my decision soon....
11 comments:
I think the answer is clear...
I second that. If it is finacially possible I think that this is a great opportunity. I know the decision to leave you current job will be difficult. There is a comfort to know what you are doing and how to do your job effectively. It is easy to stay. But, I know you will come to the right decision; one that is right for you and J.
I am so excited to see what comes...
duh!
ps: what does your husband have to say about it?
pss: congratualtions!!
Bon,
Good question: J doesn't say much. He is very apprehensive about having too much input, as he wants me to do whatever I think is correct. He follows my father's motto: Good people make it work-- therefore, it his opinion that we will pay the bills no matter what. He tends to be supportive no matter what I do. He kind of thinks that his happy wife = his happy life. Therefore, he is all about whatever I want. It is interesting that you say, "duh"-- this is not the first time I have ever been offered 2 classes-- it is the first time I've ever really thought I could do it though. I also think it is about time I start practicing what I preach....I still have a few more hours to mull things over though-- and am happy J might have more input.
I think Nike said it best, "Just do it"
That was a pretty successful amrketing campaign.... :)
I wrote something else, but it didn't post... But I say do it. If you think you can, you will work it out.
Gin Hahn,
T
Or... you didn't want my opinion, and thats why it didn't post.
Thanks for the advice, everyone...and T, of course I wanted your opinion, geesh! So to update you: I accepted both classes. I don't really know what that means for me at work at this point, except for the fact that I cannot realistically continue to effectively manage a clinic with my impending schedule...I am considering one other opportunity before I bow out of the company completely...I'll keep ya posted.
Way To Go!
We should Celebrate!
Jin Hahn,
T
Post a Comment