My girl K sat me down tonight. It was great to see her, as always. She expressed some concerns regarding my recent behavior-- not that I am doing anything crazy or anything, but she has been worried about where my head is, how I am doing and whether or not I have been in the right frame of mind. In several ways, she assessed the situation correctly-- probably a little too correctly. She gave me a lot to think about. She refreshed some thoughts in my mind. She provided her thoughts and then she provided some entertainment. She is good friend and I am grateful for her presence in my life.
It is amazing how much influence we can have over one another's lives. It is amazing how a friend can go awhile without seeing you and know exactly what has been going on: joys, struggles, and everything else. It is amazing how they can take their knowledge and point it out like the big elephant in the room. It is amazing that they can do that in the perfect way...the way only a friend can...
So, to my girl, K-- thanks for being there. Thanks for hanging out. Thanks for being honest. Thanks for expecting me to be the person I aspire to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment