Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Talk

I mentioned the other day that I have quite a bit going on right now. As usual, I have committed to too much, do not want to let anyone down, and am an organizational mess. With that said, I have to say that I am proud of myself too. Despite all that is going on, I think that I am doing a fine job staying on task, honoring my commitments and remaining in a good mood. I am no longer dwelling on my inability to do everything. Instead, I am pacing myself. I am forcing myself to take a moment here or there to enjoy life. I am reminding myself to be okay--no, better than okay.

With my thoughts settling down a bit, I find myself thinking a lot about others. I have several friends I have not talked to in awhile. I wonder how they are doing, what they are up to, and if their minds are calm. I have one friend, in particular, whom just said goodbye to his girlfriend knowing that he will not have the opportunity to reunite with her for several months. I wonder how he is adjusting, if he is sad, and what I can do to comfort him. I have another friend who just returned from serving in Iraq. She is eager to be out of the desert and can not wait to party. I wonder what she experienced across the ocean. What did she see? What has she already forced herself to forget? I have another friend that has seemingly disappeared. Should I look for him? Does he need space? Does he need a friend? So many other people have fluttered across my mind throughout the day that I could quite possibly write about each person for an hour or two...

To those of you who do check-in once in awhile, please know that even if we do not talk often, you are in my thoughts. I hope that you know I do care and can not wait to talk to you again soon.

No comments: