I am overwhelmed right now. I have too much going on. Unfortunately, I do not know how to prioritize everything and therefore nothing seems to be getting done. Today was a bad day for me. Well, not the whole day, but the last hour or two at work seemed to take a toll on me.
Right now, I have two bosses demanding different things of me. One is a bit more flexible than the other, but together their expectations are impossible to meet. This will get worse over the next week or two as more of my employees go on vacation or depart for the company. As a manager, it is my job to fill in the gaps. The gaps are getting too big. I do not know what to do. This afternoon, I felt the urge to drink -- a lot. I just want to be drunk and forget everything. I figure I can start from scratch again next week. Clearly, this would not be the most effective way to deal with things. I need to calm down, prioritize and take one moment at a time...
Sometimes I forget that I am only one person. I take on my own tasks as well as those of others. I need to learn to say no. I need to not care as much. I need to work on setting better boundaries.
For now though, I am just going to veg. Tomorrow I will try to ignore the urge to go to work and give myself the first weekend I will have had in awhile. I will try to have fun....I will try to be me.... and not to be overwhelmed.
No comments:
Post a Comment