Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Good

With the world in it's current state, it can sometimes appear that it is difficult to come by good people. I am hear to testify that it just isn't the case. Today, I have been thinking about all of the great people (not including my family-- whom are by the way, freakin' awesome) that are directly involved in my life:

-- K: A year ago today, she accompanied me to the doctor when I found out I was pregnant. She was supportive, excited, and equally as flabbergasted as I when things were positive. She remains a great friend, offering me on-going support and a wonderful sense of humor.

-- M: He remains a constant source of wisdom, inspiration and true integrity. He provides me with on-going guidance, offers me new opportunities and is a wonderful friend. He demonstrates the importance of lending a smile and offering others dignity.

-- B: Although she an I are far apart, she remains close in my thoughts. She and I share a passion for horrible music, good food, and fun. She believes in social justice, honesty, and enjoying life.


-- H: Another woman whom is far away, but close to my heart. We have adored each other for over twenty years and have experienced a lot together. With good intentions and a firey passion, she is determined to change the world and make it a better place.

-- I: A constant source of intriguing quirks and unusual perspectives, he challenges my thinking and makes me smile. He thinks about his actions and reflects upon his place in the world.

-- A: Although our interactions are brief and intermittent, he remains a loyal friend, a philosopher of sorts and an inspiration in many ways. He is goal-oriented, reflective and extremely intelligent. Acknowledges his responsibility to himself and the rest of us that he do the best he can and strive to make a difference.

-- D: He took a chance on me and saw potential. He remains supportive and open-minded. He offers advice and guidance when requested, but reminds me that things will come and things will go. His philosophy: Try out many things and hope for more.

-- A: Sure in her own identity, she has taught me that one must be comfortable with him or her self before embarking on analysis of the spirit and one's place in the world. Affirms the importance of family, spirituality and seeking meaning in the world.

-- K: A constant source of amusement, support and hope, she maintains a positive attitude and gives hope to the world.

-- K: Sure in who she is yet still exploring the world and what it has to offer, she reminds me of who I am and what I can offer to others. Beautiful, intelligent and hilarious, she is constant chaos. I miss her.

--J: Truly the best friend I've ever had. Supportive, honest, hilarious and a nerd. Reminds me that I can be who I want to be, but loves me for who I already am.


These people represent only a small sample of those whom are good. There are so many more that I think of often and could mention now. Although it can be difficult, I need to remember that the good is more powerful than the evil. I need to remember that there are wonderful people all around me. I need to remember that with them beside me, I can be the person I want to be. Together, we can make changes of the better...

No comments: