Sprout,
This month you are nine months old. You are energetic, engaged, and frustrated. Boy, are you frustrated. You want to crawl so badly, but, alas, you don't. I'm unsure if it is simply too much work or if you do not understand how. I suspect it is the first of these reasons. It is okay though, you get around. You are amazing at scooting towards things as you need them. In fact, you go a bit further, too. You tend to get yourself in places you ought not to be. One second you will be in the middle of the room where I put you and then - bam! You're at the edge of the room playing with a cord. To say your Daddy and I are going to need to watch you like a hawk as you grow is an understatement. You, my sweet little boy, are going to make us work like we never have before. Good thing Daddy and I are typically up for a challenge. In all honesty, I think you likely will not be much of a crawler. Most of the time, you get a bit crabby when we try to set you down on the ground to sit. You stiffen your whole body like a board, insisting that we let you stand. You seem to be unaware of the fact that you have yet to master the fine art of balance, nor do you fully grasp the idea that you do not know how to walk.
It seems that every day you discover new things. While you still look to your brother for direction in relation to most new toys or activities, you are starting to become more independently curious, too. Every time I give you a new toy, for example, you turn it over to see how it works. You like to scoot under furniture to inspect its pieces, too. The other day, I showed you how the garage door opener works. You immediately understood the connection between pushing the button and watching the door come down. It blew your mind.
You are finally becoming a bit verbal, too. While you coo and do the typical "Dadadadadada" thing (not so much with the 'Mamamamama'), you also started to sign. The other day, you told me you were all done with your milk via the combination of two signs. When I asked, "Are you all done with your milk then?", your little face lit up. It was like, "Mama, you totally get me". I'm slowly introducing you to more signs. Right now, we are working on 'More' and 'Please'. These are two terms you will need to learn quickly, as you have finally switched to primarily solids and like to eat constantly. At this point, you just stare down whomever has the food you want and then scream. While that is funny right now, it will not likely be as adorable in a few months. Thus, we must get those manners under control! You will eat literally anything though. If I do not watch you closely, you will eat paper, rocks, or whatever else you can find. When eating appropriate items, however, you seem to be a big fan of pasta, cheese, pears, squash, and carrots. Ms. E says that you're so much fun to feed, as every meal is like a new adventure for you.
You are starting to slowly appreciate books a bit more. Right now, your favorite is likely Goodnight Moon - a classic for sure. You also seem to like Polar Bear, Polar Bear, what do you hear?, too. Your big brother is pretty obsessed with playing 'Circle Time' at home. He got a guitar for Christmas and loves to climb up onto our white chair while we are on the floor and play it while singing. Typically, he likes to sing 'Who's Here Today', a song he learned at school. He is also a fan of 'The January Song'. Neither are classics by any extent, but you have heard them so many times now that they calm you at times.
On the social front, you are definitely more engaged. When Daddy or I come to get you at school, you get SO excited! You also seem to recognize most of family members and neighbors. You've also discovered the fine art of flirting, too. You finally figured out that if you hold a lady's gaze and smile, she will automatically fall in love with you. Much like your brother (and Daddy, too), you never pass up an opportunity to do just that! You just learned how to blow kisses, too, which makes this process even more effective. I've always been in love with you, my sweet boy, but I will say that each day I am more aware of just how much.
Thank you for being a part of my life. You are my heart.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment