Sprout,
This week you turned four months old. Already. I am not even sure how that happened!
This month has been another busy one. Unfortunately, Daddy ended up in the hospital. You and I took your brother to Aunt E's and then we spent as much time with Daddy as we could. You delighted the nurses with your smiles and kept Daddy's spirits up, too. We also had the opportunity to spend some time at the cabin. In general, you seemed to enjoy our mini-vacation. You liked being outside staring at the trees and seemed quite content when we played at the river as well. You were a bit less-impressed with your pool experience though. You preferred to stay warm rather than dunking in the cool water -thank you very much!
While your personality has been distinct from your birth, it is increasingly evident each day. You are fierce, my little boy. You know what you want and you want it now. You are either completely content or extremely unhappy. You simply do not do in-betweens. With that, you appear to have a bit of a temper. When you are hungry, you are not interested in waiting for food. When you want your Mama, no one else will do. On the other extreme, however, you snuggle intensely and laugh with your whole being. Daddy and I finally figured out that more often than not, when you are upset, it is due to the fact that you are bored. In an effort to combat such circumstances, we now push you around the house in an umbrella stroller. As long as you are stimulated, you are content. You let us know when you are bored by a few words here or there. When you smile, your entire face lights up. You have a belly laugh, too.
You continue to absolutely adore your brother. He brings a big smile to your face whenever he approaches you. You babble non-stop when you see him, too. He reports that you are singing your ABCs. He, of course, understands you completely. You two sometimes play on a blanket on the living room floor. In such instances, your brother takes it upon himself to explain each toy to you and helps you use each one. He also likes to stand in front of your swing and chat with you, too. He also shows you how to operate your jump-a-roo. Sometimes, when you cry, your brother is visibly stressed out. The other day, you cried in the car. After a few minutes, your brother put out his hand and said, "Stop. You'll be okay". You listened to him well and followed his directions. I hope that you two always love each other as you seem to now. I hope you continue to bring each other joy and keep each other in line. You two are amazing.
The coming weeks will be monumental for you. You start 'school' after Labor Day. I am stressed regarding the transition and do not want you to go. I feel incredibly guilty about it, too. Ultimately, however, I know it must happen as I need to be able to work more than you currently allow me to do. If you are anything like your brother, you will thrive at school and adore the experience. I cannot believe how quickly the last few months have flown by though and know that this is the first of many transitions we will endure. Before our big change happens though, I am going to snuggle for naps every chance you will allow. I will ignore my work as often as I can and will savor every moment I can. Daddy and I love you so much.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment