Sprout,
Awhile ago, you turned three months old. I am terribly behind in documenting the same because I have been completely involved in caring for you and your brother. You two, my sweet boy, are a lot of work!
Over the past few weeks, you have flourished socially. You have started smiling regularly -- an act that brings brightness to even the most gloomy of rooms. You also found your voice. You love to chit chat with me, especially in the wee hours of the morning. While I cannot decipher what it is that you say, your expressions indicate that the content of your dialogue is important, but happy. I love listening to you babble and am thankful that you share your secrets with me. I hope that you and I will continue to have meaningful conversations as you age and that you will always consider me a worthy confidant.
In addition to finding your voice, you made a few other notable discoveries, too. First, you found your feet. You love to kick, kick, kick! You smile when I react to your kicking and then become even more vigorous in your demonstrations of your ability. You also discovered your reflection in the mobile above your swing. From what I can tell, you think of yourself as quite handsome, as you smile at yourself each time you look. The cat has also caught your attention a time or two. When he jumps up to look at you, you stop whatever you are doing and look at me as if to ask, "Do you see him, too"? Yes, baby, I do.
You have an increased interest in your brother. You smile when he comes around and seem to instinctively know that he will teach you amazing things in life and will serve as your protector. You two tend to sing a lot right now with your favorite song together being 'Roly Poly' -- although I do not know how to actually spell that. You two also play together a bit too, albeit minimally. Typically, 'playing' consists of your brother dumping out all of your toys, showing you how they each work, and then walking away. You, of course, watch him with admiration as he does so.
You are an intense snuggler. You always want to be held. If not held, you would like to sit on the bed/couch/chair/whatever next to me. You like to have some body contact as to be assured you are not alone. I struggle a bit regarding this, as I do not want to encourage you to be too clingy or dependent, but I also know that this time in which you want me close is likely to be limited. Thus, I should savor it. I also want you to feel secure and love the warmth of your touch, the smell of your skin, and the sound of your breath.
It is amazing to watch you grow so quickly. Your daddy and I are so excited to share the world with you. At the same time, however, I am already mourning your infancy. I know that these times are special and do my best to savor them every day. You are such a sweet baby and bring so much love to our lives. I am so thankful you joined our lives.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment