Sprout,
Last week, you turned two months old. I know! Already!!
Your two month birthday was actually spent in a car, a circumstance about which you were less than thrilled. You see, you, Daddy, Tadpole and I all went to Oregon for my graduation ceremony. While I technically finished my degree many months ago, I owed it to your Daddy and Grandpa (and even myself) to walk. Your brother described it as 'watching Mama march in her funny outfit'. One of the undergraduates I passed in the processional into the stadium expanded your brother's description a bit by indicating I looked like a wizard. He was correct. At any rate, the traffic to the university was horrible and you were restless. It made for a long trip and a long weekend. I am still glad that we went and am extremely happy you were there. While you will likely never read my dissertation, you should know that you are mentioned in my acknowledgements. Finding out that you were going to join our little family was a major motivator in me finishing my degree quickly. For that, I thank you.
Other than social events, this month has been exciting with you for two other reasons: First, you learned how to smile. Like your brother, you have the ability to absolutely light up a room with a brief grin. You are one adorable little man. You also started to coo. Your favorite time to chat with me is typically between 3 and 4 in the morning. You are so happy then and have a ton to say. I adore our little chats and try to savor them despite my exhaustion.
I was a bit ill earlier this month, which landed me in the emergency room a couple of times and rendered me essentially useless. Due to these circumstances, we have not been outside as much as I would have liked. My plan is to make up for this deficiency in the coming weeks. In fact, I just dropped a couple of classes for summer quarter so that I may focus on you a bit more. I am acutely aware of how much you will change in the next few months and want to attend to every alteration.
Inside, you like to watch your brother play legos, spend time in your swing, and just kind of hang out. You discovered the light in our bedroom, which keeps you pretty fascinated. I think you even caught a glimpse of the kitty yesterday, too.
Your brother is amazingly attentive to you. He greets you each morning and kisses you goodnight each evening. He asks if you would like to play with him, offers to help change you, and checks in on you whenever you seem upset. The other day, while in the car, he said, "Don't cry, little brother. You're okay". You are one lucky little boy to have such a wonderful sibling to look after you.
Speaking of being a lucky little boy, your Daddy is amazing too. While he is clearly exhausted most of the time, he always makes time for you and your brother and makes you both his priority at all times. He adores you both so much and has big dreams for you. He wants to give you the world.
In fact, I think it is fair to say that we both do....
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment