Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ten

Dear Tadpole,

Today you turn 10 months old. T-E-N! I can't even believe it. No longer are you a little baby, but instead you're an independent little man.

This month was a huge month for us, as I anticipated.

First, we found out that my presentation went very well last month.  With that, I will switch jobs in September.  While it may put a little financial stress on us for awhile, it should be a game-changer for our family. I am likely to be a better Mama and I will definitely be a more effective educator.  I have no doubt that you and Daddy helped me get this position. You were both incredibly supportive of the process and were my biggest cheerleaders along the way. For that, I thank you.   Speaking of new jobs, Aunt E was promoted to the Captain of her ship this month. There was a ceremony to commemorate the event with a lovely party at her house thereafter.  Uncle D even came up to help us celebrate her success.

Shortly after Uncle D came up to our neck of the woods, we flew down to San Francisco to see him, Aunt B, V, Aunt K, and Uncle B. The trip marked your first airplane ride (which incidentally marked your first experience vomiting too). You also went into a swimming pool for the first time. You also decided it was finally time to start crawling. Due to the fact that you were not feeling particularly well, you wanted me to hold you all the time. At one point, I decided I needed a little break to go to the bathroom. You were NOT having that and decided to follow me. Needless to say, you have places to go now. While you are still mastering the skill, you seem to enjoy your new found independence.

You continue to develop in other ways as well. You no longer care for baby food and are actually a bit irritated when offered the same. You much prefer cheerios, bread, cheese, or your favorite: Meat.  Gone are the days when you would have oatmeal and fruit for breakfast. Now, you prefer eggs, sausage and hash browns.  You seems willing to try almost anything.  It seems the only things that you really do not care for at this point are fish sticks (I don't blame you) and tortellini.  You enjoy playing with your toys, but are equally thrilled with an empty box or two or even a toilet paper roll. You love to sing (Bringing Home A Baby Bumblebee is your current fav) and to read.  While Brown Bear, Brown Bear absolutely continues to reign supreme, you also have a great affection for Feathers for Lunch. You prefer to snuggle rather than sleeping in your crib, and like to sit or stand up in protest when we put you down.  You shriek with joy when we go on walks. You adore the kitty and think it is fun to grab on to him.  You maintain a number of girlfriends and are a constant flirt. You do not like to be in your car seat anymore and are not afraid to let us know about it. You also prefer to have your feet be bare and constantly pull off your socks. You enjoy going to Block Watch with Daddy and think visiting with Nana and Grandpa is pretty cool too.

This weekend, you will celebrate your first Easter. Aunt K will be here too.  It should be the beginning of another exciting month marked by excitement, wonder, and absolute joy.

Daddy and I can't wait.

Love,
Mama

No comments: