Tadpole,
I can't believe you're already a month old. No matter what I write, I'll never be able to fully capture the impact you've had on our family over the past few weeks. Your influence on our life is indescribable -- pretty much exactly as I imagined. Your daddy and I are incredibly lucky to be blessed by you. There isn't an hour that goes by that we don't realize the same. In fact, we comment on how awesome you are regularly.
Even though I can't capture all that you mean to us via words, I hope that I remember this time in our lives. The amount you've changed over the past several weeks is mind-blowing.
Here are some highlights:
-You were born with the most amazing head of hair. Your daddy is especially proud of your sideburns.
-Speaking of pride, your daddy and I get excited about almost everything you do. He seems to be more excited about when you go to the bathroom. I'm particularly excited about your burps.
- Your favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus"... you have little tolerance for almost any other song.
- You love to sit and stare at the ceiling.
- You're awesome at letting me work at the coffee shop while you flirt with your fan club there.
- You have a fan club pretty much everywhere.
- You're in a size 1 diaper now. The NB size simply did not last long. The same may be said of your clothes. While I'm excited to see you develop, I'm a bit sad that things change so fast too.
- You went on your first road trip last week. You stopped in Portland to see Aunt K and then made your way to Lincoln City. Mama was SO excited to show you the ocean. You slept right through the experience.
- You seem relatively uninterested in Rzez, but he keeps a close eye on you. He seems to think that you're okay, but gets upset if you cry and we don't collect you immediately.
- You seem to like the Elmo diapers the best. You poo on Big Bird almost immediately -- every time.
- You love to cuddle. Due to this fact, I often refer to you as a 'cuddle bug' or 'love bug'. I suppose I'll need to drop these nicknames before you get too old.
- In general, you're incredibly calm. You seem curious about the world and happy to be alive. You have a witching hour each evening, but it really isn't a big deal.
-Despite being so laid back, you often get an intense look on your face as if you're considering the world's problems. I hope you never have that burden placed upon you, but do hope you're a critical thinker. Some argue that you may get your intensity from me. I disagree. I may, however, take some credit for the sheer stubbornness you demonstrate.
- Your Daddy gets a smile on his face every time someone says you resemble him. He could not be more proud of you if he tried. Similarly, he could not be more excited for your future.
- You are currently using your piggy bank to save for college. Luckily, you have yet to really discover toys that you feel you must buy.
- Sometimes when you eat, you do this horrible gasping thing before you choke. It terrifies me every time. We'll discuss this issue with your doctor this week.
- You have the most beautiful eyes.
- Sometimes when you sleep, you wake up screaming. It is a scream of terror and unlike any of your normal cries. Luckily, you look around see us there and then fall back into a peaceful sleep.
- You are the sweetest baby when you wake up. You're incredibly happy to see everyone.
- You have the BEST yawns of all time. They last for almost 10 seconds. You mean serious business by them.
- You coo a lot when you're happy. When you want something, you make a noise that your daddy describes as your 'pterodactyl noise'
You are the best EVER.
1 comment:
This post makes me feel unbelievably happy. :-)
Post a Comment