Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Parenthood

Things I did not anticipate about labor:

  • Resting between pushes (awesomeness!) 
  • Others' expectations that a new mom should be down for the count 
  • How important one's nursing team is during the process
  • How well one may advocate for herself even when distracted by contractions 
  • How incredibly awesome it can be 


Things I did not anticipate regarding parenthood: 

  • Obsession with bodily fluids How awesome cuddle time can be 
  • How horrific it can be when one's child cries 
  • How much work it is not to care for the newborn, but to manage everyone's needs to see him 
  • How many blankets one really does NEED 
  • Leaking from one's diaper = incredibly normal 
  • Breastfeeding hurts more than giving birth 


Things about labor that were exactly as I anticipated:

  • Ow. 
  • Awesome. 


Things about parenthood that are exactly as I anticipated:

  • Little sleep 
  • Horrible fashion 
  • Absolute awe 
  • Awesomeness

No comments: