Over the past few weeks, a few of my thought processes have spiraled out of control. I've had a couple of rather stressful situations at work that took over my existence. I perceived the situations to be detrimental - their actual implications remain unknown (although I'm praying for the best outcomes possible). In both scenarios, I have no control. I am at the mercy (I suppose) of others.
When either situation is brought forth, my mind spins - like a tornado. It continues to perpetuate a self-destructive cycle in which I can barely think clearly, and automatically assume the worst. I cannot seem to break free from this process either. When I am calm, I am able to see that my worst-case scenario in each situation really is not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Do not get me wrong, this does not minimize my emotions at all. I am able to see, however, that life will go on and that I will be okay. Afterall, the person I am today is someone completely different than I imagined five years ago. Thus, who am I to assume that I know what I need in the future?
Things will be okay. There really is no other option.
No comments:
Post a Comment