This quarter = the schedule from hell. This is the only real fact you need to know about my life right now.
You see, right now, I have a relatively manageable (because I've built up some tolerance, don't ya know?) eight classes. Some (thank goodness) are online. Some are not. I am also writing a class for a school for which I've previously never worked. The deadlines are horrid, but whatever, I am resiliant - amazing at times too. In two weeks, I add two additional face-to-face classes. For those of you a bit slow, that will be 11. As in 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..+ one scary development process...11.
Holy hell!
I know. I know. I can already hear you. In fact, you can keep your voice down: Haven't I learned my lesson from previous quarters? Why don't I just give myself a break already? When will it be 'enough' classes? Why don't you just chill for awhile?...yadda...yadda. To be honest, I've been doing well thus far. I've been organized, disciplined, working out, sleeping, taking care of myself. I even managed to go see the familia in a different state this past weekend while working pretty minimally during the car ride and early in the morning. Overall, my life = balanced....or so I thought.
Today, I realized my writing pace is not where it ought to be. Instead of writing one week's worth of content last week as I thought I should, I was actually to write two. OMG. No worries though. The team is fine with it, I should just turn in 3 weeks' worth of content next week. Um...yeah right.
I'm working a lot on my perspective. I think this situation will be just fine. I'll admit that it may be a bit stressful for a day or two, but really, no biggie. I can do this.
I used to question my ability to speak in front of people. Then, I started teaching in front of a group of 40+ people in my first class. Then, I added another...and another...and another. As it turns out, I am quite capable of most things when I maintain a sense of humor, give myself a break, and just work hard. Certainly, I am capable of this too.
No comments:
Post a Comment