Random thoughts to fill a time of procrastination before returning to work:
1. The White Elephant gifts J and I presented this year seemed to be a big hit. I am not really sure why, but this activity seems to be one of my favorites each year.
2. J's grandfather went to the hospital on Christmas Eve for heart issues. He seems to be fine, but discusses death in detail this time around. For the second year in a row, Christmas has not really felt right.
3. I am SO busy right now, yet all of my friends from afar are in town for the holidays. I struggle a bit to balance my work with seeing them. I wish I had a bit more free time right now.
4. Speaking of work, 'next' quarter is basically here. With anticipation for the same, I seem to have insomnia. My upcoming schedule is overwhelming. Apparently, I'm a bit more stressed about it than I care to admit.
5. This afternoon I took a face plant at an outdoor mall. As I walked along, my legs literally slipped out from under me. If you'd like to relive the experience with me, picture this: Me, stumbling on to my side to the wet bricks only to end up with feet in the air, and my coffee pouring down on me. I am sure I was quite the sight to see. I just started laughing.
6. I've been thinking a lot about 'Chang' lately. He is on my mind.
7. Speaking of things weighing on my mind, a man with whom I attended high school died this week. I did not know him well, but I found myself completely devastated by the news. He was so young. He was 32.
8. I may be the only person I know who does not celebrate New Years properly. It is a bit of a bummer.
9. I find my biggest frustration as of lately is people taking things for granted.
10. I'm exactly where I need to be right now. Now, I simply need to maintain momentum.
1 comment:
We just kind of cruised on through New Years. We haven't celebrated "in style" in a long time.
It's difficult when our parents get old. We worry about my dad all the time.
Hope you're not having any nasty effects from your fall. Lordy if that happened to me I'd end up in the hospital! That's why I'm training the dog to walk beside me for stability.
My brother-in-law (the youngest of Hubby's three brothers) is only 46 and had a stroke last week on their way to Florida to visit family. Ended up in a hospital in Charleston and was able to come home Friday. He's doing okay but may have a few lasting effects. He's Type A and never does anything for himself and works 70-80 hours a week. Then he watches the kids so his stay-at-home wife can go off and do her own thing on weekends.
I'm with you about the semester starting. I've got three classes going now and four more at OTC starting next Monday.
Whew!! Hope January is good to you!! Keep in touch.
Post a Comment