I hate chain mails. Yet, I completed one containing 25 random facts about me. I include it here for your entertainment:
1) I hate these things, but feel compelled by guilt to play along since more than one person 'tagged' me. Bah! Guilt often compels me.
2.) I am tied to my Blackberry. Nerdy or not, I start to panic if I am not able to find it.
3.) I have an opened bag of chocolate chips in the top shelf of the door of my fridge at all times. I grab a few chips every time I crave something sweet.
4.) I have some incredible shoes in my closet. They're sassy and wonderful. Despite my collection, I tend to wear few of them, as I am not sure I should/could pull off the rest.
5.) There are three distinct roles I would like to fulfill in my life. I am terrified that I will not become any of these things, but am equally as terrified to try.
6.) I am a carb junkie.
7.) I did not go to the doctor for three years because during each of the proceeding three years, I was diagnosed with a chronic condition.
8.) Despite the fact that my job requires it, I am petrified of public speaking and am horrible at it.
9.) I believe in the values of dignity and compassion.
10.) I believe that the mentally ill are the most neglected members of our society and that the rest of us should feel shame regarding this.
11.) I would like to learn more about wine.
12.) I change my hair when feeling restless or hopeless.
13.) I use my laptop more than anything else in my life.
14.) I can think the most clearly when in the shower. My best ideas come to me then.
15.) I have an amazing ability to tune others out. I also have a great ability to be completely present.
16.) I hate that I am not closer to my family.
17.) I work too much now in hopes that it will bring forth opportunities for the future.
18.) I bring a beverage to class with me each day. It is not because I am particularly thirsty. It is because it brings me comfort. I drink whenever I am nervous.
19.) Lipgloss makes me happy -- so do things that sparkle.
20.) I like to know how my students turn out. It brings me great joy when they keep in touch.
21.) I am far worse a critic of myself than anyone else possibly could be. I wish others would lay off since I really do not need them to tear me down - I can do a sufficient job for the both of us.
22.) The current states of the economy and global warming distress me.
23.) I have horrible taste in music and movies. I am okay with this fact.
24.) I often believe in others even when they refuse to do the same.
25.) I am a firm believer that Coca-Cola should not be combined with any alcoholic beverage. With that said, I believe vodka is a good combination with just about anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment